Andrew Chicken, Project Energy
LED Lighting and Solar PV to Reduce Costs and Carbon Emissions and Improve Light Quality, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Midlands, Merseyside, Cumbria
Originally trained as a Quantity Surveyor, I have worked in the building repairs and maintenance industry for over 30 years and now help businesses reduce costs and carbon emissions through reducing their energy consumption or generating energy on site from renewable sources .
I deliver practical energy-saving solutions that increase businesses’ bottom line from day 1.
Tax incentives are available to reduce teh total capital cost.
Leading an energy saving strategy with LED lighting, clients can often achieve over 100% annual ROI.
A recent project proposed relighting with LED with 20% fewer fittings, whilst still significantly improving the quality of light and the lighting levels. In this case, once the tax incentive was factored in, it achieved 220% annual ROI.
A commercial solar PV system is projected to deliver and annual 29% ROI after teh tax incentive is taken into account.
Grants and Finance Options
I am proactive in understanding the incentives available to contribute towards capital costs and sourcing compatible finance to remove the need for customers to find the capital to invest in solutions to deliver year on year savings that will more than cover the cost of the loan repayments.
Other areas where I can help you:
- Distributor of LED lighting products, sourced and designed directly from the manufacturer.
- All proposals include a lighting redesign which can significantly reduce the number of light fittings whilst significantly increasing the lighting level and quality.
- Through my extensive network, other services also include:
- Lighting and heating controls
- Solar PV
- Electric vehicle charging points (grants available)
- Power management including:
- Voltage optimisation
- Power factor correction
- Ground and air source heat pumps
- Heat recovery
- Far infra-red heating
Accreditations & Qualifications
BSC Quantity Surveying - Salford University, day release
HND Building (Quantity Surveying) - Trent Polytechnic