A specialist Business Manager, Company Manager, Office Manager working nationally, based in Manchester.
I have been a successful manager for over twenty years with my skills being suited to business management, company management and office management. Using my experience, I've developed the Virtually Managing
concept over the last 12 months, focusing in particular on the construction industry, and here we are, ready to go!
For the last five years, I have been working around the country in schools requiring additional support, to put in the strategies and processes they require to improve. For much of this work I was head-hunted for roles as my reputation had preceded me. During this time I also completed a Masters degree in Leadership and Management, where my focus was on leading and managing small to medium sized businesses.
With many directors and company owners, especially within the construction industry, being responsible for the day-to-day running of their company, they have less time to provide the creative impetus and marketing drive their company needs.
This is where I can help as I can take the day-to-day issues and manage them for you, freeing up your time to grow your business in a manner which is sustainable and affordable. Very few companies are offering the services I offer; I do not act as a virtual assistant as my skillset means I can offer so much more.
I offer include, but are not limited to:
• Staff recruitment, retention and development – I have been doing this for over 20 years and can offer advice and support as well as running the process;
• Accounting and budget management – I have been responsible for budgets of up to £2.5million where I have had to allocate funds to different departments and be accountable for every penny spent;
• Staff salaries and payroll – I have been responsible for keeping a record of time sheets for staff, keeping track of annual leave and preparing salary slips and payroll via electronic software;
• Secretarial duties – As well as leading and managing I have also stepped into everyday secretarial duties when required;
• Grievances – from staff and clients. Whilst not offering a H.R. service, I am able to handle the process of complaints and grievances, arbitrating as appropriate and finding solutions to problems. I have regularly dealt with “customer” complaints and initiated disciplinary proceedings against members of staff;
• Maintenance duties – as a Headteacher
, I was responsible for ensuring all maintenance and health and safety policies and procedures were up to date. I had to be aware of when PAT testing was up for renewal and also ensure fire risk assessments, legionella tests etc. were carried out.